Did you know that your form’s title is also your form’s default email subject line? Choosing your title carefully can help you manage your email...
Top 6 Hushmail email management tips
You can control how you manage your Hushmail email. Here are some tips that will help you customize your secure email experience.
In a time riddled with uncertainty, it’s nice when you can control something. Fortunately, how you manage your email with your Hushmail account is one thing you can control. Today, we’re going over some tips that will help you customize your secure email experience.
1. Add new folders
A key part of any email management is creating folders so it’s easy and convenient to file messages as they come in – before they build up in your Inbox. Here are the steps to creating folders.
- Go to Manage folders at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
- Select New folder.
- Give the folder a name and choose a location.
You can also create a folder on the fly. When you open an email, you’ll see that you can select Move at the top of the message.
Then, type the name for a new folder to create the folder. When you click on the highlighted New folder, the email will be sent immediately to the new location.
2. Create a rule to send emails from a specific recipient to a designated folder
When you want emails from a particular email address to automatically go into a designated folder, you can create a rule for that email address. Here’s how to set this up.
- Select Create a rule from the top of email
- Choose the folder you want email from that sender to go, or choose a new folder.
3. Create a group contact
Sometimes, you might need to send an email to a group. Instead of adding recipients one by one, make a group ahead of time.
- Go to Contacts.
- Under Starred contacts select New contact.
- Name the group, add individual email addresses separated by commas, and save.
4. Delete unwanted emails fast
Hopefully, setting up folders as soon as you got your Hushmail account allowed you to manage your emails effectively. However, sometimes emails pile up in your Inbox. Here’s how you can get rid of them quickly.
- Go to Preferences, then Reading, and disable Ask for confirmation. This means you don’t have to go through a step to confirm every time you delete an email.
- If you have a lot of emails to delete, select Show 250 items per page at the bottom right of your Inbox so you can delete more emails at one time.
5. Set an automatic response
One way to prevent emails from building up in your Inbox is to set an automatic response when you’re away. Here’s how you can set your response.
- Go to Preferences, then Automatic response.
- Before you enable the response, click on the pencil icon next to Subject and write the subject line to your email. Be sure to click Save when you’re done.
- Click the pencil icon next to Text, write your away message, and click Save.
- After you’ve saved your subject and message, click on the pencil icon next to Automatic response, enable the switch, and click Save. Be sure to go through both of these steps to completely enable your response.
6. Encrypt your emails
With Hushmail, you can choose to use encryption or send a regular email. If you use a third-party email app such as Outlook or Mac Mail, you can use a keyword inserted into your subject line to trigger encryption. You can contact us to get this set up.
If you use webmail or our Hushmail for iPhone app, you can use a switch to turn encryption on and off.
Encryption in webmail
Encryption on the Hushmail for iPhone app
Ready to start using encrypted email?
Here are some tips that will help you customize your secure email experience. 1) Add new folders, 2) create a rule to send emails from a specific recipient to a designated folder, 3) create a group contact, 4) delete unwanted emails fast, 5) set an automatic response, and 6) encrypt your emails.